I just want everyone to know that the new season is going to start on September 7th, next week! After that, it will be back to once a week as usual. Sorry about the super long wait, I hope that it’ll be worth it! ^_^
So I wanted to let you guys know what was going on since you haven’t heard from me in so long. The last couple of weeks have been kind of a roller coaster for me (at least, that’s how my stomach has been feeling). I started having really sharp pains in my abdomen area, and I thought I was just relapsing to the pulled muscle a few years ago. Not so much. I went in to the emergency room after having pain so bad that I was physically writhing around crying because there was no way for me to sit and be comfortable, so Dean hauled me off to the ER.
After a bit of waiting, they told me that more than likely I had gall stones. Bluh. But the pain had subsided momentarily, and I went about my way, and went to the doctor in the next couple of days like I was told. The doctor scheduled an ultrasound for me the next morning. After the ultrasound, I went back to work for a couple of days, feeling more and more nauseous each day. By the third day back to work, I noticed I was turning quite yellow, and my appetite had become less and less. I was told not to eat any fried, fatty foods or dairy products, but at this point, I hardly felt like eating anything. After a couple hours into my shift, my manager came up to me and demanded I go home, and I obliged.
I spent the next three or so days in bed, pretty much just lying around watching TV, and sleeping. The only thing I ate was freezy pops and applesauce. XD I had to call out of work three days in a row, which kind of sucked. After the weekend, I called up the hospital, and they made an appointment for me to see the surgeon, because I definitely had gall stones. With an “S.” Luckily, they could get me in to talk to the doctor that Thursday, three days later, which is pretty quick, considering the Wednesday was July 4th.
I went in to talk to Dr. Crane, the surgeon, and he explained to me how the surgery worked. Not very pleasant. He wrote me up a doctor’s note for work and I went to go deliver it. After my manager snapped at me to “go fill out an LOA (Leave of Absense),” I turned in the doctor’s note to one of the assistant manager’s, signed a paper, and I thought that was it.
When I got home I watched TV for a bit, and it wasn’t long before Dr. Crane called me back to tell me I should probably come back to the hospital, and I might need to stay overnight. Dean threw a bunch of stuff in a bag, I walked upstairs to my room, and almost threw up in the toilet again. Then Dr. Crane called again to tell me I’d definitely be spending at least one night in the hospital, since my potassium levels were dangerously low at this point.
Dean rushed me over, they hooked me up to an IV, and I spent my first night ever in a hospital. The next morning I had another ultrasound, and later they told me that I’d be getting an ERCP. It turned out that one of the gall stones had made it through a duct, and was on its way to my pancreas, which would probably have led to pancreatitis. Just a few hours later they knocked me out, operated on me, and broke the tiny stone, in which they found out my duct is only a half a centimeter long, but the stone, was three-quarters of a centimeter long; leading to my lack of appetite, the yellowness of my skin, and the itching.
At 11pm that night, they finally let me eat something (just some italian ice and water at this point), and if I was feeling well enough in the morning, I could eat real food. Yay! So I spent another night in the hospital, and around 7am when I was starving, I ordered pancakes, eggs, and OJ. I gotta tell you… those were the best pancakes I’ve pretty much ever eaten. I literally had tears of joy eating them, I was so happy to eat real food again after an entire week. About 10:30 that morning I was dispatched, but it wasn’t over yet.
I still needed surgery. Until then, I wasn’t allowed to eat really fatty foods or heavy dairy products (just skim milk and stuff). Five days later, I was scheduled that morning to come in for surgery. At this point, I was still on my scheduled vacation, so I didn’t have to worry work, but I checked my schedule online, and noticed that they still scheduled me. I called the personnel manager, and she told me that I needed to fill out an LOA still, because I hadn’t been calling out to work. Apparently, the doctor’s note meant nothing.
So I went to go get my LOA merely minutes before needing to be in surgery. I filled out part of it in the waiting room, then some more after changing into my johnny. They talked me through how the procedure was going to work. I was actually worried more about work firing me than actually having surgery. But Dean told me not to worry about it, that he’d get it finished and turned in for me, so I tried to relax. They rolled me over to the OR, and the last thing I remember was talking to the doctors and nurses about this comic XD
I woke up about four hours later (they had to put me under twice), one huge inflammed gall bladder later. I was really tired, and really sore. So I slept a little longer, and when I came to, they sent Dean in to see me. After a bit, they let me drink some ginger ale, and later some crackers. I figured everything went pretty smoothly because me stomach was growling, so at least I wanted food XD
They let me out of the hospital at about 4:30 in the afternoon. For the next few days, it was hard to move at all, I was so sore. The worst part was getting in and out of bed; it felt like I was getting stabbed in the chest each time. And I had a little inner tube that caught all my liquids in me for a few days, but Dr. Crane took that out a few days after surgery.
But! It’s been a week later, and I feel a lot better. I can eat any food I want now! And at least I never have to worry about this happening again, since I am now proudly gall bladder-free.
OMG, I’m sorry you guys about such a long post. I figured you derserve to at least know what’s going on, or at least know what I haven’t been able to work on the comic XD I promise I will get to it at some point… I think today Dean and I are actually going to work on writing it a bit. I’d love to start getting it storyboarded! It’s such a big mess right now, it needs a lot of work XD I hope everyone’s having a better summer than me! 😀
I feel super bad about not being able to get it done… I spent a solid eight hours at my parent’s house yesterday getting one brake fixed on my car… (the other one Dean’s gonna have to go get fixed on Saturday) And that was pretty much comic-makin’ time. Oh well…
Again, I apologize, but there will be a comic next week, promise!
If you wanna ask anyone a question, but not sure what to ask, here’s a nifty set of questions for inspiration! You can ask any of these questions if you like, just put the name of the character and the number or paste the whole question if you like… such as, “Alicia, 10” for example.
Also, you can ask as many questions as you’d like, and I encourage it! Just ask one question per post please! 😀 Thanks!
1. What about your character is heroic/dastardly?
2. What does your character like/dislike about people?
3. What is your character’s favourite food?
4. What is your character’s real birth name? What name do they go by?
5. Does your character have a nickname? What is it and how did they get it?
6. How does your character dress most of the time?
7. How does your character “dress up”?
8. In your opinion what is your character’s most redeeming feature?
9. What is your character’s prized mundane possession? Why is it valued?
10. What one word best describes your character?
11. Where does your character live?
12. Who was your character’s father, and what was he like?
13. Who was your character’ mother, and what was she like?
14. What was your character’s parents’ relationship like? Were they married? Did they remain married?
15. Does your character have siblings? What are their names? What are they like?
16. What us the worst thing one of your character’s siblings did to them? What was the worst thing your character did to their siblings?
17. When was the last time your character saw any member of their family? Where are they now?
18. Does your character have other family members? Who are they? What did your character think of them?
19. What is your character’s first memory?
20. What was your character’s favourite toy?
21. What was your character’s favourite game?
22. Any non-family member adults stick out in your character’s mind? Who were they, and why do they stick out?
23. Who was your character’s best friend growing up?
24. What is your character’s fondest childhood memory?
25. What is your character’s worst childhood memory?
26. What is your character’s view of authority?
27. Who was your character’s idol when they were growing up?
28. Does your character have a job? What is it? Do they like it? If no job where does their money come from?
29. Who are your character’s closest friends?
30. Does your character tend to save or spend their money? Why?
31. What annoys your character more than anything else?
32. What would be the perfect gift for your character?
33. Does your character wear any jewellery?
34. What kind of things embarrass your character and why?
35. What kind of day is your character’s favourite?
36. How far will your character go to achieve their goals and who will help them?
37. What is one thing your character dislikes about their self?
38. What one act in your character’s past are they most ashamed of?
39. What one act in your character’s past are they most proud of?
40. Is your character a better leader or a follower and why?
41. What is the thing that has frightened your character the most?
42. Do they think that there is anything out there that’s scarier than that? What is it?
43. Has anyone close to your character died? What happened?
44. How private a person is your character and why?
45. What is the one thing your character is a sucker for and why?
46. Does your character have any bad habits?
47. What would your character do if they won the lottery?
48. Does your character believe in fate?
49. What are your character’s immediate goals?
50. What are your character’s long-term goals?